- 1 1/2 cups walnuts (soak for at least half an hour to soften – rinse and discard water)
- 1/8 cup raw soy sauce (nama shoyu) or tamari
- 1/3 cup white onion
- 1 medium-sized carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1. Throw everything in a food processor (except the soy sauce). (Make sure you soak and rinse your walnuts first. Soaking your walnuts is to soften them. Rinsing your walnuts removes the enzyme inhibitors and will make your final result taste better.)
- 2. Process ingredients in your food processor until it become a smooth, cream-cheese-like consistency.
- 3. Add the soy sauce near the end and then process again. The reason you are adding the soy sauce last is because if you add it at the beginning it might splash all over the place while the walnuts are flying around inside. Best to wait until it’s smoother before adding the soy sauce to your mixture.
- 4. Serve this walnut pate on cucumber rounds. The flavour of the cucumber and the pate go together in a heavenly way.
– See more at: http://www.therighttrackwellness.com/raw-walnut-pate#sthash.0Ur2QKFQ.dpuf