Mid-life brings with it a multitude of changes, some of which can be very unpleasant! For many of us (men and women alike), one of the most common (and cruel) issues we deal with is an increase in BELLY FAT. Out of seemingly nowhere – boom – we tend to sport the visceral fat around our midsections that is not only unattractive, but also does a number on our health.
So how do we combat this onslaught of abdominal fat cells? It’s not easy – but speaking from experience (ugh!), I’ll give you my best, most effective tips to ditch it for good!
- Drink, drink, drink. Water, that is. At least half your body weight in ounces. Every day.
- Go easy on the carbs – especially the refined, processed ones.
- Nix the junk food. No surprise, you knew I was going to say that, right? None of the chemicals, preservatives, artificial colors and flavors are doing you any favors.
- Visualize – Focus on the reward. What will you look and feel like when you reach your goal.
- Work it! Move that body. For optimal results, include at least 5 days of cardio training and at least 3 strength training sessions per week. And while we’re on the subject, stay off your butt as much as possible – have you heard the latest – “sitting is the new smoking”?
- UN-supersize yourself. Our waistlines are growing in proportion to our serving sizes. So watch yours.
Do you struggle with belly fat? Need more help?
I’m here for you. Head over to TheRightTrackWellness.com, contact me and let’s talk!
This information is for general purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent or cure any disease. Health Coaching is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice from a qualified, licensed professional.