Hot off the press, here’s some info I thought you’d want to know:
Ignite Weight Loss with these 15 Foods
Ready to confront those stubborn pounds you can’t seem to shake? Grab your grocery shopping list and get ready to change things up a bit…
When we think about losing weight, the first things that come to mind are calorie counting and deprivation. Newsflash – forget what you know about weight loss – because it probably hasn’t worked – at least not long term. Because deprivation is NOT sustainable. We need a massive shift in our understanding and our strategies. And as soon as your poor, calorie-starved body has had enough of being in deprivation mode – look out – you want to eat everything in sight, totally negating any pound-dropping progress you’ve made. Sound familiar? Any of us that struggle with weight loss have undoubtedly been there once or twice or maybe a gazillion times before.
Let’s shatter the myth that weight loss is all about calorie counting right now. Truth is, all calories are NOT created equal. There are certain foods that do you no favors and others that will help you slim down because they affect hunger level and rev up metabolism. Without further ado, here are your weight loss winners:
- Eggs – not the just whites – WHOLE eggs. Compared with a bagel breakfast, eating protein rich eggs instead will keep you feeling satisfied much longer.
- Apples – crunching on a soluble fiber filled apple may be just what the doctor ordered. Snack on one for a sweet, satisfying treat.
- Soup – Start your meal with a low calorie, vegetable based, healthy soup and you are sure to feel full and to eat less.
- Oatmeal – this slow-released carb will not spike blood sugar (which releases insulin that signals the body to store fat) like a bowl of processed cereal will.
- Dark Chocolate – But don’t over indulge! An ounce is just enough to satisfythe sweet tooth while overcoming feelings of deprivation at the same time.
- Almonds – mindfully munching on a small serving will suppress appetite and provide a dose of much needed omega-3 healthy fats.
- Hot Peppers – Spicing it up with capsaicin – the compound found in spicy peppers, about a half hour before a meal has been shown to boost metabolism and decrease appetite. Add some to a fresh salsa.
- Water – Filling and flushing the system of toxins. Drink up!
- Beans – High in fiber AND protein, choosing a serving of beans will keep you feeling full.
- Grapefruit – Research has proven that eating half a grapefruit before a meal increases your chance of weight loss.
- Mushrooms – Replacing meat with mushrooms in a meal satisfies with less calories and more health benefits like increasing much needed vitamin D levels while boosting immune system function.
- Avocado – the monounsaturated fatty acids in avocado will aid in reducing that horrible belly fat. Guac anyone?
- Leafy Greens – High fiber, nutrient dense and low calorie. Enough said!
- Cinnamon – This potent spice crushes cravings, boosts metabolism and can assist in regulating blood sugar.
- Quinoa – This ancient grain is a great source of protein and fiber. Try it in a salad or a breakfast bowl with some nut milk, fruit and chia seeds.
Looking for more ways to recapture your health? Get great tips everyday on my facebook page.
Ready to take a leap forward in your relationship with food? For the support, motivation and information you need to succeed – I am now offering free one on one discovery sessions. Contact me and find out how you can become the healthiest person you know!
Wishing You Health & Happiness,
Disclaimer: The information contained in this document is for general education purposes only and is not intended to treat, cure or prevent any disease or medical conditions. Check with your health practitioner before making diet and lifestyle changes.